Purpose and who we are
Commercial vehicles using Optimised Liquid biofuels and HVO Drivetrains (“COLHD,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) is committed to the responsible handling and protection of your personal data. We have created this statement to provide you with clear and understandable information regarding our privacy practices concerning processing data, so that you can make informed choices about the use of your personal data by COLHD.
When this statement refers to COLHD, it means ‘Commercial vehicles using Optimised Liquid biofuels and HVO Drivetrains’ is the controller of your data, with a principal place of business at Carrer Casp 118-120, 08013 Barcelona, Spain.
COLHD reserves the right to update this statement from time to time by publishing a new version online. This statement was last updated in May 2018.
Personal nformation we collect
COLHD collects personal data that you provide to us directly when you request information about our services; subscribe to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; or make an enquiry through our contact form. This may include:
- Identification and contact data such as name, surname, job title, phone number, email, address and country
- Any information that you voluntarily share with us such as feedback, opinions or information provided via any of our helplines
COLHD also collects personal data automatically when you visit our website. This may include:
- Device information such as IP address, referring website, COLHD pages your device visited and the time that your device visited our website
- Internet log information and details, collected through our third parties such as Google Analytics, that does not specifically identify you
Why we use personal data
COLHD will use your personal data for the following different purposes:
- To improve our website with the objective of ensuring that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- To send emails and communicate with you via email regarding our services and events which may be of interest to you, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences
- To respond to enquiries and comments and provide you with support via communication channels, such as contact center support
- To keep our website safe and secure and comply with our legal requirements and obligations
- For any other new purpose for which we notify you before collecting any personal data
How we share personal data
How long we keep personal data
COLHD will retain your personal data for the period of time that is necessary to fulfil the original purposes for which it has been collected. Please keep in mind that in certain cases a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law to allow COLHD to pursue its business interests, conduct audits, comply with legal obligations, enforce our agreements or resolve any dispute.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- How long is the data needed to provide you with our products or services or to operate our business?
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of contract or litigation
How your personal data is protected
COLHD follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us in order to prevent unauthorised access, loss or destruction of your personal data. These may include:
- Physical safeguards, with locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing your personal data
- Technology safeguards, like the use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies
- Organisational safeguards, like training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect your personal data
COLHD does not seek to collect sensitive personal data (also known as special categories of data). If we do so we will always collect the data in accordance with local data privacy requirements. If you choose to provide us with unsolicited sensitive personal data, you will be asked to consent to our processing of such data on a case-by-case basis by using a specific express consent form.
COLHD does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are aged under 16, please speak to your parent/guardian to get their permission before you provide any personal information to COLHD. Without this consent, you are not allowed to provide us with your personal data. If we learn that we have collected data from a person aged under 16, we reserve the right to delete such data with no prior notification or consent.
How you can access and control your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that you can exercise your right of access and control your data.
In accordance with our internal procedures, we will respond to the following requests as described below. All requests shall be addressed by contacting us in writing as described in the section “contact us”. When you email us with a request, we may ask that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
- Access to personal information: you have the right to request what personal data we hold about you subject to our right to identity verification.
- Correction and deletion: in some jurisdictions, including the EU (according to data protection laws for data subjects in the EU), you have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or needs to be updated. You may also have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, however this may not be always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations to keep such data. If we are asked to delete your data, we may keep some minimal information about you to be able to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our obligations.
- Filing a complaint: Any complaints about our adherence to the practices described in this Statement shall be addressed as described here. In some jurisdictions, including according to data protection laws in the EU for complaints issued from subjects in the EU, you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with a data protection authority.
- Marketing preferences: COLHD may send you regular marketing communications about our services, via different channels such as email, phone, and third-party social networks, in accordance with relevant marketing laws. When required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before starting these activities.
In order to provide you with the best personalised experience, these communications may be tailored to your preferences. Our targeted emails contain email messages which use web beacons, cookies and similar technologies to allow us to know whether you open, read or delete the message and which links you open. When you open a link in a marketing email you receive from COLHD, we will use a cookie to log which pages you view and which content you download from our website.
In addition, you can exercise your right to stop receiving marketing communications by opting out of emails we send to you. In such cases, we will retain minimum personal data to note that you opted out in order to avoid contacting you again.
How you can contact us
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, please write to us by sending an email to email@example.com